« Home | The Moon Isn't Down (sorry CEC)There was a full mo... » | Colourful Moon MosaicNo exposure can capture the f... » | Gemini South Star TrailsThis picture was taken @ t... » | Morning SkiesSo this week I've been looking @ the ... » | Sandy Gas Jets Hypothesized on MarsObservations ma... » | An Erupting Solar Prominence from SOHOA solar prom... » | Plesides Meteor ShowerDate: August 13, 2006Time: 1... » | Sonnet CXVI Let me not to the marriage of true min... »


stargazing



So Will & I met ^ last night @ Venice beach. I was a little late (we decided to go out @ 8 since it's dark then) because it started to mist on River Road. He had checked the weather on Friday night but we decided to check it anyway. After we found each other (which took only 5 minutes, surprizingly), we headed out to the stars.

We sat out on the beach on an animal sheet (ibexes!), even when it started to sprinkle. We actually started to freeze our butts off because it got sort of windy and we were damp, so we trekked to his [RED!] jeep to get towels. I ended ^ wearing it as a cape and then as a blanket since I was having some childhood conflicts or something. It was pretty cloudy by this time, so we didn't get to see many stars until around 10.

Once the rain had stopped and the clouds had parted, some stars finally appeared. We were able to spot some constellation-looking arrangements, but it was too dark to consult a star map. I would have started making ^ my own names for the anonymous, but that might have been a little too much for anyone to handle. Maybe next time though...

So that was my grand adventure on a Saturday night. It was pretty amazing, I must say.

& for the record, I officially love this class. <3