« Home | stargazingSo Will & I met ^ last night @ Venice be... » | The Moon Isn't Down (sorry CEC)There was a full mo... » | Colourful Moon MosaicNo exposure can capture the f... » | Gemini South Star TrailsThis picture was taken @ t... » | Morning SkiesSo this week I've been looking @ the ... » | Sandy Gas Jets Hypothesized on MarsObservations ma... » | An Erupting Solar Prominence from SOHOA solar prom... » | Plesides Meteor ShowerDate: August 13, 2006Time: 1... » | Sonnet CXVI Let me not to the marriage of true min... »



Saturday @ Night

This is a nighttime shot of Saturn. The colour of Saturn's nighttime is created by the reflection of the Sun's rays onto its own majestic rings. This was taken in July by the Cassini spacecraft. It was launched in 2004 & is expected to continue until 2008 (graduatin year!). The Sunlight rings are visible but are partially cut off by Saturn's shadow. One can see a dim glow of its rings the most obviously on the right side of the picture, or Saturn's southern hemisphere. The thin black lines cannot be seen through telescope because they are Saturn's C ring (the ring closest to the planet).
So today I danced in Astro since there was an Annie Lenox song on. Mr. Percival has pretty sweet taste in music, especially classical. It's funny 'cause I seem to be the only one who can identify things in his vast library in terms of classical and jazz stuff. I need so much more classical, though I tend to like the more contemporary stuff like Joshua Bell's or Mark O'Connor's pieces. But don't get me wrong- HC classical will never die.