« Home | Saturn's Infrared Glow Visual and Infrared Mapping... » | Clouds and Sand on the Horizon of Mars This pictur... » | Comet SWAN BrightensIn the northern sky, a newly b... » | Triple SunriseOn September 23, 2006, the sun rose ... » | Anticrepuscular Rays Over Florida This is around t... » | Saturday @ NightThis is a nighttime shot of Saturn... » | stargazingSo Will & I met ^ last night @ Venice be... » | The Moon Isn't Down (sorry CEC)There was a full mo... » | Colourful Moon MosaicNo exposure can capture the f... » | Gemini South Star TrailsThis picture was taken @ t... »



The Antennae Galaxies in Collision

Two galaxies in Corvus are colliding and were captured here. The stars do not collide because galaxies are mostly empty space; dust and gas collide instead, ripping one another apart due to gravitational disturbance. Above the titans, dark dust clusters are becoming molecular clouds. These later form star clusters.

So I'm only really posting this picture because all the dorks in this called me a black sheep until I agreed to post it. I was going to do Mr. Percival's favourite, but I guess conformity's not all that bad sometimes...not that I mind being a black sheep.

So this morning when I was almost @ school (along 41), I saw a small beam of light. I thought it was a star flickering, but then when I looked back only a few seconds later, it had completely disappeared. Uh...? It didn't look like a plane either, also because there was no jet stream. I'll believe that it was like, aliens that look like Chris Carrabba or something. 'cause that'd kind of rock out loud.